Saturday, February 27, 2010

I LOVE books!

I don't think I have ever mentioned how much I love to read before. I LOVE to read!! I have always loved to read. I was the one that would spend forever in the library trying to find a book. I just love it. I also was known for reading more than one book at once. I have done it a lot. Now is no different. I think I got my love of reading from my grandmas, and my GGma. I was able to go buy a book today!! :] mmmmmm The joy! So as of now I am going to be reading 3 books!! I'll show them to you, and when i'm done i'll get back to you how they were.
1st book:
The Killer Angels



This book is way good so far. It is about the battle of Gettysburg. When I went to Gettysburg my senior year of high school I wanted to read more and my history teacher told me this book was WAY good. I just picked it up. Sad, i know. I really like it and it's really neat because I have been there so I can see what's happening. Very good writing but I love anything to do with history!!

2nd book:
The Well and the Mine


I haven't started it yet but it looks WAY good.

This is what's on the back cover.

In a small Alabama coal-minding town during the summer of 1931, nine-year-old Tess Moore sits on her back porch and watches a woman toss a baby into her family's well without a word. This shocking act of violence sets in motion a chain of events that forces Tess and her older sister, Virgie, to look beyond their own door and learn the value of kindness and lending a helping hand. As Tess and Virgie try to solve the mystery of the well, an accident puts their seven-year-old brother's life in danger, revealing just what sorts of sacrifices their parents, Albert and Leta, have made in order to give their children a better life, and the power of love and compassion to provide comfort to those we love.
Sounds good huh?!


3rd book:



The Last Song (along with every other person on the planet)

According to my mom and Kels this book is AMAZING. I'm excited to read it, I just hope that I don't visualize Miley Cyrus through the whole book....

That's all for now. Come back soon for a post of this weekend!!
-Kaylie

1 comment:

Taylor Family said...

Not sure if you have heard of it but you might like the website www.goodreads.com I just barely joined and haven't added anything to my profile yet but I have a lot of friends that use it and love it.