Sunday, June 6, 2010

River rafting

So,
No pictures for this post just stories haha.
This weekend has been LOOOOOONG. Yesterday I got a text from Sandra asking if I wanted to go down the creek/stream on inner tubes with her, kylie, morgan and morgans husband sheldon. Of course I said yes haha. It was way fun, by the end of the river which btw was about 2 hours and 30 mins two inner tubes had popped except mine and everyone else was in the boat.

I saw many things on my voyages such as:
a lama
strange looking stick
a couple big bushes that I saw very close up
few too many old rotting cars
interesting bugs which I of course swatted away
sludge
the beauty around me
blue sky's
A LOT of sun
goats
sheep
cows
guys with guns
I had a close encounter with the fence I had to climb over (big cut on my leg and inside of leg).

I also learned a few things:
I almost lost my flip flops which work great as paddles lol
My feet felt many things underwater that I think weren't supposed to be there.
I did go over some rapids haha more like river bumps lol.
Where lots of sunscreen
don't wear shorts that are too big for you when they get wet they look like bucket pants
don't climb a large chain link fence
my legs can sure paddle fast :]
those horrid river shoes that my mom always would make us buy that I hated actually work
cows follow
those stupid fences that go into water and just stop well i learned why they do that
even if you go feet first into a big tree bush it wont stop you from being attacked
GO IN THE BOAT

It was super fun :] However the horrible side effects....I am glowing red on my legs, hands and arms. I could take the place of a stop sign i'm that red. Oh, i know what your thinking, sunscreen?? Oh I wore sunscreen and I'm still a tomato. I will have an interesting tan line haha.

-Kaylie

1 comment:

Mrs Buchanan said...

You definitely need to post a picture of you as a tomato. I really want to see that. I'm so jealous, I've always wanted to go tubing down a river. It sounded like you had a lot of adventures.