Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Papa Arvil

Ok so today was overall a very good day :] not much to talk about so I'm gonna do another Spotlight on:



Papa Arvil

(Arvil Loran Jones)
Arvil Loran Jones was born May 23, 1916 in St. George Utah to Mary Hatch and Loran Jones. He went to school in St. George tell he was 13 and then his family drove the long trip to California. He played the trombone and loved it! He also had a paper route that he rode on his bike every morning. He had some funny stories that he would tell about his "Newspaper days". He worked in many jobs such as, the movies, and even helped build the first space shuttle! He also served in World War II in Guadalcanal and later wrote a book about it called "Forgotten Warriors". He Marred Lulu Walton and had three beautiful children, Ray, Kenny, and Kathy. He worked all his life but his one getaway was his garden. He loved to raise plants and just watch them grow they were his kids haha. They later moved to Kanab where he also had a garden and could grow anything. He had a tree that he had planted six years after ours and it was still bigger! He loved his grand kids and would always want to give them a big smack(kiss)on the cheek :]. All his family knew that he loved them. Sadly he died on August 26 2002 and was buried in kanab Cemetary. I miss him so gosh dang much! I love my Papa Arvil he always let me know that he loved me and whenever i was feeling bad he could cheer me up. He was so smart but he never thought he was. He is also one of my hero's and i am so honored that i got to know him and that i am his grand daughter. I have so many good memories with my papa arvil but the one that stands out is when i was about four he was babysitting me and he wanted to eat some ice cream well he didn't want anyone to know that we were eating it so he told me to keep it a secret and so he sat me on the counter in front of the window and we ate so much ice cream. When we were done the ice cream was half gone but he still had to smooth it down so that no one would know that we had ate it. I love ya grandpa and i cant wait to see you again someday!

No comments: