Friday, April 11, 2008

New Glasses :]

Hey all so...

yesterday was a great great day :] my parents came down and i got my new glasses! here is a pic of them!








Yes i know im a dork....lol but i hope everyone likes them cuz i wouldn't want to walk around with ugly glasses!





well anywho after that we went apartment looking for next fall semester and im going to live in Mandalay Apartments here are some pics of them! They are really really nice!







We also went and saw 21, half of it i didn't understand cuz i dont understand gambling but over all it was a really good movie! Also the guy in it was freaken sexy :D lol! Other than that it was just a regular good day!




Time for another Spotlight on:


Grandma Jean


(Doris Jean Robbins Horton)


Jean Robbins was born on December 31 1935 in Illinois to Frances Marie Hall and Hugh Kenchen Robbins. She grew up in Virden Illinois with all her sisters and her brother. They had a few farm animals and well she hates milk and wont drink it unless its canned milk :] Her mom died when she was in her teens and so her sister Toots took care of all the kids and they moved and ended up in California where she finished going to school. She met David Horton and got married and had one little boy named David Lee Horton. She was all about being a mom and is still really close with "Davey"(my dad) My grandma jean is not only my grandma but one of my best friends! I love to spend time with her cuz she is sooo funny and always laughing! When i was little she was the "other kid" that would play with me in the restaurant and goof off when we weren't supposed to! :] I remember one time i was staying over at their house and she made me my favorite kind of oatmeal and let me set up the little table in the living room! I was so shocked that she let me eat in the living room but she was just cool like that! haha! I know i can talk to my grandma jean about anything and she will always listen and help! She is one of my hero's also and i hope that i can be like her someday! She is so so creative with everything and always doing something fun and creative! She also loves to shop and so do i so we have a blast when we go shopping! One time we went to payless (her favorite shoe store) and well there was a sale on flip flops i think we ended up buying like altogether six pairs of flip flops! She also gives the best hugs! They are my favorite :D Grandma I love you! And I'm so freakin grateful for you and i hope you know that and how much i look up to ya! I hope i can be as giggly as you are for the rest of my life!


Love ya all


Kaylie :D



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful story for you to share, was doing a bit of research on the family and found your blog. I also am a descendent from the Robbins family, thru Thomas Kenchen Robbins and Lucinda Dickey, my ggrandfather is Jesse Robbins the brother to Hugh Kenchen Robbins :)

Warm regards,

Nadine