Sunday, March 1, 2009

Anne of Green Gables, Little Women and some wonderfulness :]


So i know i just posted but i had a good weekend and im a nerd and wanted to tell you all about the really OLD books i found at the library!!!!

So a couple days ago i was looking for a children's book to read for one of my literacy classes and i also needed a new book to read cuz i like to read while i work out, it makes it go by so much faster. I came upon the book "Anne of Green Gables" and idk if everyone has seen those movies but OH MY GOSH THEY are SOO wonderful! lol I pretty much grew up on those movies, my cousin Lisa gave them to me after i read the book and well, i watched them so many times that you have to sit far away from the tv to see whats going on because the picture is getting blurry! lol Oh, how i loved Gilbert! I would pretend I was Anne and that I was in love with Gilbert! I would watch Anne of Avon lee over and over again just to see Anne stupidly say no to Gilbert where i would get angry with the tv! When she got back with him i would just sit there in love lol :] I would hoping that one day i would find my own Gilbert which i will!

My all time favorite part of Anne of Avon lee :]



lol anyways... i got way off topic lol but i love L.M Montgomery as an author and i was looking at the books that the library had and found the book called, "Kilmeny of the Orchard". The Book that i got was published in 1913!!!! I love anything old and so this just amazed me! Do you imagine how many people have touched this book?! Read it! I just read it and feel in awww :] TOLD YOU I WAS A NERD!! But, it is a very good book btw lol after you get past the amazing part of how old it is! haha now for my other nerdy part!



Little Women was my other favorite book and movie! Goodness it has CHRISTIAN BALE IN IT PEOPLE, How can you beat that!? Also, I read it in fifth grade, and it was all my grandma's favorite book. When i was lil my grandma gave me the movie which is pretty much in the same condition as Anne of Green Gables, its falling apart and you have to watch from a far distance to see it too! lol But, oh how i love that movie! I still get mad how Jo picks Professor Bear instead of teddy!? I always wanted a teddy too :] Gosh he is pretty in that movie lol but anywayssss.....i also decided to look at her (Louisa May Alcott's) books, i have read pretty much all her books and loved everyone of them but I hadnt read this one that i found which is called, "Jack and Jill" I haven't started it yet but its also an old book and from 1908!! Its so cute and lil, it has been in Cedar City Library since it was first published?! Amazing i know!! I haven started it yet but I'm going to soon! Lol ok I'm sorry for whoever just read that and thought, "oh my gosh, why did i just read that...that was the stupidest thing ever!" But hey i warned you I'm a nerd! lol

Such a great movie and book!

Goodness he is beautiful! I love christian bale!


Kiss me!


Also yesterday Sarah and I went to Zion for the day, Sarah hadn't been there since our third grade field trip so we decided to go! It was a beautiful day and so warm! We hiked the pools and weeping rock, where i came up with a story of why the rock weeps lol, he weeps because he lost his wife his other half so he has been crying ever since :] it was more detail but ill spare you lol :] We then had a picnic, explored Springdale and found a candy shop with ice cream and then went to to one of the lodges for dinner! It was a great day!


but ya a pic from our day!





Hike, hike, hike!



I hope everyone had a great great weekend! And anyone that hasn't seen those movies watch them! Your life will be changed :] lol

-Kaylie

No comments: