Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth Of July

Hey,
So im in Cali for a funeral....for my Great Grandma(ggma) i will write about that tomorrow im just really dreading it....so i guess ill write about the fourth of July...

I dont know but im just not such a big fan of Fourth of July, dont get me wrong i really do love the atmosphere of it in Kanab, and i hope someday to bring my kids down to it so they can grow up with all the traditions, like the fireworks and the parade. Im also so grateful for all the men and women who have served for this country and have made it free for me, like my grandpa and great grandpa. However, i think its hard because most of my friends are now either engaged to be married, married, or moved away so there isn't really any get togethers anymore. I did get to hang out with my family, and see a few of my friends like Nicole and Sarah for a little bit. Also later that night i went to Devin Reeds house (Maggie's fiance) to watch him light fireworks.

So i went to the parade it was sooo long this year or maybe that was just me. It was though a really neat parade! lol but i did get to see some people and talk and take some fun pictures with my family :]

My dad and I bein crazies :]

My momma and I at the parade

This is a really good pic of my mom and dad i think

-look at all the people behind them at the park!-

My Grandma lulu at the parade

I think the parade is one of my favorite things about the Fourth cuz u get to watch all the lil kids go and get candy and get so happy :] My other favorite is the fireworks! I dont know anywhere else that you can just drive down to the city park and watch fireworks for free! In palmdale where we used to live in California we would have to drive down to somewhere, where it was restricted just for fireworks and pay a whole bunch to go in and watch a few fireworks. Its just so neat that they are right there and in that canyon! I love the sound it makes! Really no where else but Kanab could u get such an awesome experience!

Me, Nicole, and Sarah at the park

Hope everyone is good

-Kaylie

3 comments:

McKenna said...

Looks like you had a good fourth-I totally agree, you cant find fireworks anywhere better then Kanab. This is McKenna Terry if you didnt know. I love to read your blog. I have a blog now...Although I'm still trying to get started with it. If you want to go read it, It is: http://mckennamarieterry.blogspot.com/

McKenna said...

Looks like you had a good fourth-I totally agree, you cant find fireworks anywhere better then Kanab. This is McKenna Terry if you didnt know. I love to read your blog. I have a blog now...Although I'm still trying to get started with it. If you want to go read it, It is: http://mckennamarieterry.blogspot.com/

McKenna said...

And i didnt mean to post that twice...haha Have a wonderful Day!