Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a down post....

"I am a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.......I have no complaints about my path and the places it has taken me; enough complaints to fill a circus tent about other things, maybe, but the path I've chosen has always been the right one, and i wouldn't have had it any other way. Time, unfortunaltely, doesn't make it easy to stay on course."



Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook.



When i first read "The Notebook" I read this part and I loved it. Its such a simple quote but has so much meaning to me. I by the way love this book and the movie and I think its such a wonderful love story. I know life doesn't work like it does in the movies but this quote is just so amazing. It teaches us that life is hard and that it does have it's up and downs but its those up and downs that make us who we are and that for that we shouldn't complain about them we should be grateful for them. It's so true how time does make it hard to stay on course. We always have set plans and goals for our lives but sometimes time gets in the way. We are so busy trying to get to the next step or finishing or getting over with something that we forget to cherish the moments that gets us to the next step. (I hope this is making sense). I don't want to be one of those people that lives their whole life being angry. I want to be like this quote. I want to live life to its fullest and have fun. Life has its quirks and its road bumps but honestly that what makes it so exciting, and amazing!! Also, Heavenly father trusts us to know that we will get over them. Oh how wonderful it is to know that we have that rock, that strong gospel and someone always there. And to know that he put these things here that make us joyful and happy! I realize that I have never put my testimony on my blog and that makes me feel sad. My testimony is hard for me to say out loud or to other people. I used to share it all the time on sunday but now its like im so scared to get up infront of people to say it. I dont know if its because I am scared or if its because my testimony is something that is so sacred to me that I cant share it.....if that makes sense. However, tonight I want to share my testimony with all of you wonderful people that read my blog.



*just a warning....Im not going to edit it at all im just going to type as it comes so if it doesnt make any sense Im sorry....*



The church is true, i used to say that all the time but I dont think until recently did I really know with all my heart that what i was saying was true. What a wonderful father in heaven we have to bless us with such a wonderful gospel. I cant even begin to explain how much i love this church, and my heavenly father...I love him so much. I know without a doubt that he is there for me that when i'm so low and upset and feel like nothing get worse that he is there for me every step of the way. That he loves me no matter what and always will. He is my advocate and my savior. Im so grateful for that. Im so grateful for the scriptures and that I am able to feel the spirit everytime i read them and know that what i am reading is meant for me. I love how the gospel reaches out to your heart and never lets go. I love that we can have families that last forever and that someday when i find that one person that is my best friend and love my life that I can be with him forever and ever. I love the feeling you get just looking at the temple and knowing that the lord dwells there and its his house. I can't wait to go inside someday! I am grateful for the atonement and the sacrifice that Jesus gave so that we can return to our heavenly father and have a second chance, and a chance to repent and be forgiven. What a loving savior we have that will never give up on us. Thats what i think i love the most is knowing that he will never give up on us even when we give up on ourselves. I love that there is a plan that we arent just down on this earth for no reason that we have a reason for being here. I also love how its a plan of happiness. How could you not know the gospel is true with that???!! Who doesnt want to be happy!? I want to be happy all the time and with the gospel i know I can!! I am so grateful for my family and my friends and knowing that they care about me :]. I just love this gospel and I love knowing its true!!



Hopefully that made sense.



Hope everyone has a great night!

No comments: