Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Tribute to my mom :]

So we have a lot of birthdays in our family in November. Both my cousins were born in November, the 27 and the 28 and my mom was born in November the 13th! So since i love my mom im gonna do a birthday spotlight for her, its a little late and so im sorry :]


Katherine Mary Jones Horton

My mom Katherine (Kathy, Kath, Mom, Mommy) was born November 13, 1959. Not only was she born on the 13th but she was born on Friday the 13th! She was born in California, to Arvil and Lulu Jones. She was the last of three. She has two older brothers, Ray 12years older and Kenny 6 years older. My grandma says that she was a blessing because she always wanted a little girl. My mom growing up was a daddys girl.



She grew up in Sylmar California. Isn't she cute :] According to my grandma Lulu she was the perfect little girl and was just blessing to raise.





This is her with My Uncles, Kenny and Ray.



She graduated from Sylmar High and then went to Peirce College for two years. This is her and my cousin Lisa in the picture. She married my dad at the age of 28 and had me at 29(i hope i got that right...)

Anyways, I just want to say how much i love my mom! She is so awesome and funny! I love when its just me and her. She really is one of my best friends. We may butt heads sometimes but its just cuz we both have great minds! lol j/k But really she is one of my heroes. She has been and done so much with her life. She hiked the John Muir Trail which is over 100 miles. She also was a fitness instructor, and worked a ton of different jobs. She takes care of my grandma(her mom) and can sew anything! She also knows her nutrition facts backward and forward. She has taught me so many things such as treating everyone equal to always having a clean house. She stands up for what she believes in and her family is so important to her! I love my mom so much and i am soooo blessed to have her in my life :] Thanks Mommy :]

thats all for today

Kaylie

No comments: