Thursday, March 4, 2010

Why?!

Good Evening out there :]

I really should be writing an article about assessment right now...I have locked myself in my room so that I will finish it. However, here I am not doing it. Procrastination has become something i'm an expert at!! Today I want to blog about something mostly for me but if you want to read it you're more than welcome.

Also if you haven't caught on I print this blog off so it's like a journal for me, that's why I have random posts sometimes.

I have been thinking a lot lately about my major. So, i'm going to answer the question: "Why did you choose to go into education?" and "Why do you want to teach?"

Good questions huh? I think so. Honestly for awhile I didn't know what I wanted to do. My problem is I have so many things I want to go into. I would love to do photography, interior design, learn more about history, creating things, and so on, the list is endless. Since I was about five I have said that I was going to be a teacher, so I can't really tell you when I said OH! Teaching is for me! I really can't remember. I don't know what made me say I wanted to be teacher, maybe it was because thats what every little girl wants to be when they grow up, but here I am. I came to SUU because it had a great education program and so that's the only school I applied to (boring aren't i?). Honestly though the thought of teaching until about three months ago scared the CRAP out of me!! I don't have a lot of confidence and putting myself out there is extremely hard for me. I have heard all my life that I would be a wonderful teacher but honestly I didn't believe them. I doubt myself. I try to live up to this expectation that I have for myself that is pretty much impossible to fulfill. What i'm trying to say is i'm a perfectionist (if you went to high school with me you already know this lol). I love kids to death and they crack me up! It wasn't until these past few weeks that I finally felt that I can teach, that I will do a good job as a teacher, and that I will make it through it. I'm still scared to death but I now believe in myself. I realize a little bit more of why I want to be a teacher. I am comfortable with kids. All my shyness goes away when I teach, I am silly, and loud. I feel so much better when i'm around kids than I do when i'm around people my own age. I have a hard time talking to people, i laugh when i'm nervous and its probably very annoying (sorry to all guys that I am around and if I laugh around you a lot). I can NEVER think of anything to talk about! I'm not dumb, but for some reason when I go to talk I am so scared that I will sound stupid. What i'm trying to say is that I am doing the right thing. I feel comfortable and that i'm finally in a place that I feel is my place to be. I feel this same way when I take pictures, play my violin, or work out. I guess you could call them my comfort zones. Now all I need to work on is life. :]

No complaints
-Kaylie :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a teacher you will be a powerful influence for good. There is so much hope in the rising generations and you get to be the one to help them expand their minds. Isn't teaching incredible? I know you'll do great. You're a very understanding and compassionate person. Good for you for sticking it out. You'll love every minute of it. :)