Sunday, June 21, 2009

Girls camp! 2009



So this last week was girls camp :] Yes, this was my Ninth year, yes most girls stop going after their six year but I just keep going. I dont know why, I do know i love the spirit you feel and the fun you have
but this will be my last year for certain this time. I had a blast but it was rainy some days and so
dang cold I really thought I was going to die! Not even exagerating! We came to the conclusion
i was AYCL not a YCL but AYCL (Adult Youth Camp Leader). Sometimes I really wonder why I do
all these things that I should have been done and over with about three years ago but I just love the
girls. The leaders keep teasing me that Im going to be a Stake Camp Director someday. I really
hope not lol so lets keep that on the downlow :] hehe.


We headed up on Tuesday around three. I wasnt able to drive girls because you have to be 21 to
drive girls according to church rules. Im only six months away but still couldn't. We got up there and
it was pretty cloudy but we were able to get everything set up without it raining. We started a campfire
right away though!!
Photobucket
Sara and Kelsie sitting around the camp fire :]
I was able to stay with Kelsie, Sara, and Andrea in a tent :] It was a lot of fun other than the fact that I FROZE everynight!!!

Photobucket
This was us on the first day. Notice our faces we have make-up on and our hair isn't looking like the greasers hehe.

Photobucket
Always have to get a funny one in! That is deffinately a must!

Photobucket
The next day the rest of the wards and girls came up as usual. It rained for i think two hours while everyone was trying to set up of course. But after about two hours of sitting in my car, Kelsie, Sara, Andrea and me the sun finally showed its wonderful face!!!

Photobucket
Day two of camp, notice our slight bit of make up left over and slept with on. Notice our hair and how oh well...slept on it looks??? Sara, Me, and Andrea

Photobucket
My mom was camp director this year and so i was pretty much her assistant. She did such a great job and all the girls love her! She doesnt think she is awesome or that she did a lot but she did great and awesome! It was fun to have her there and we get along so well that everything went smoothly :] I dont know exactly why we have a table clothe???...OH I KNOW our clothes were so dirty from camping that we had to resort to a table clothe for clothing hehe just kidding!

Photobucket
We were able to get t-shirts this year and so ths is sara and Kelsie wearing their shirts. Kelsie's ward got all the wrong sizes so hers was more like a dress then a shirt but she could work that dress/shirt lol

Photobucket
Got to have your faithful assortment of bandanas. This is for sure a must at camp!!

Photobucket
We all spent some time in the tent and as you can tell from the upcoming pictures we were sorta sleep deprived and I was going a little crazy

Photobucket
Kelsie and me :] cute :D

Photobucket
everytime i would pose i would for some reason do this strange pose with my feet?? so thats what is going on in this picture

Photobucket
Sara and me

Photobucket
Sara and ME crazy

Photobucket
Kelsie and Me crazzzzy

Photobucket
Andrea and me crazzzy

Photobucket
The next day we took the third year girls on a hike. We ended up having an interesting adventure. Brooks backpack was wet so she used an garbage bag for hers. Oh what creative girls we have, Im so proud lol :] The girls wouldnt listen to us so we ate and then just walked back and found massive amounts of catipalers everywhere!! It was nasty!

Photobucket
Our group :] Brook, Andrea, Sara, Kelsie, Me, Lexi

Photobucket
I like this picture :] Kelsie, me and Sara

Photobucket
Kelsie smiling on the hike hiding her oh dang i want to go home and shower frown lol :P just kidding

Photobucket
Sara not hiding that face

Photobucket
and me?????

Photobucket
Kelsie and me, we were kinda matching haha

Photobucket
silly faces :]

Photobucket
we attempted to get everyone in a picture but after about five tries this was the best one?? go figure

Photobucket
OUR STAR!! STAR POWER

Photobucket
Gotta get the hip action!! Woweee lol Think we are good enough for americas next top model???

Photobucket
the night before we were supposed to head home we decided to sleep in the back of my car...thats right all four of us! We thought we would stay warm but....wow this picture was taking in the day, that night was very interesting. I havent laughed that hard since last years girls camp when we slept in my moms van go here to see that story :http://sawbsaw.blogspot.com/2008/06/blog-post.html sorry there arent any pictures with that post. Anyways back to my story...i have never laughed so hard and any personal space i had is toast. It was really funny until about four in the morning when i woke up and couldn't move....so i got out of my car and slept in my moms van. Its a miracle we made it home the next day haha.

Photobucket
I do love these pictures thought!

Photobucket
Later that day i was bored so we decided to play with kelsie's hair. Little did she know what she was in for!! I saw this really cute hair do on this website: http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/. Its a really cool website and has A TON of ideas, people are just so talented it blows my mind!! So this was kelsie's hair from the front
Photobucket
from the back

Photobucket
close up

Photobucket
I was poofing her hair and this just happened to happen hehe, we laughed soooo hard!

Photobucket
The finished project for good lol

Photobucket
The decided to play a baseball game with the leaders against the YCL's. Ya, the Leaders kicked our butts. Kelsie and I just watched me with a ball is just a bad very bad bad idea lol

Photobucket

Photobucket
Action shot of andrea!! I have more pictures that Sara took that hopefully will get posted sometime.

Photobucket
One of my favorite parts this year was the car race. Each ward made their own car and raced them. It was sooo funny and a few of the wards totally wrecked. My ward you could not miss its a Woodie car. And its the one thats orange and kinda looks like a big bus! We ended up winning!! It was pretty sweet and so so so funny. They also had the bishopric race and some how my mom ended up with them and its the funny video ever!! Hopefully i will be able to post that soon too!!
All in all, camp was great! The speakers were awesome and each one touched my heart soo soo much! I had a blast with my friends and the girls and giving the devotionals. I just hope the girls had as much fun and got as much out of it as i did.
Next year????

1 comment:

sara carling said...

Girls Camp was Amazing. I loved it. YOu pictures are great.